Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Green Ridge Pond 9.30.03

Today's goal was to scout a route to Carole Lake, I was looking for a much shorter and direct route then to come from Nordrum Lake. I had been to Green Ridge Lake earlier this year and I knew that the trail continues climbing the ridge line past the 3400ft mark where it starts to traverse to the lake. Lacking an sense of motivation today I managed to drag myself the entire way to Green Ridge Pond that is located just NW of Green Ridge Lake. I skirted the pond and climbed the small saddle just north of the pond. It appears that the first 300feet of drop would be somewhat steep but once the rockslide is reached the going should be quite easy to the lake. It seems that 3 hours would be quite feasible, which would be MUCH faster than coming from Nordrum Lake. Although the views today were somewhat limited the warm sunny weather more than made up for it. This trail is an old miner's-climbers trail so be very cautious on the areas of steepish descent.

Document Actions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

lijit stats