Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Miller River Road 2.17.09

Not much here other than the road conditions. I had hoped the road would be plowed to the Miller River Campground, which was true. However the road is closed about a mile before the campground because of a washout. The road itself is an ice rink making very slow and tedious travel. After the campground there is a well worn snowshoe track that I followed until I reached the West Fork Road. My intent was to walk that for .25 miles and then use the subtle ridge to reach the main ridge of Cleveland Peak. I had a very long work week and have been feeling under the weather for most of the week. I couldn't bring myself to commit to the long climb. I instead walked Miller river Road for another couple miles until I reached another washout. This washout was rather large and looks to be an involved fix. I turned back and quickly made my way back to the car. It was a nice day to be out!




Approx 6 miles 3 hours car to car 600ft of climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

lijit stats