Friday, January 27, 2006

South Bessemer Road 1.27.06

A little short on time I had to pick something quite close. The Middle Fork Road was quite potholed as I made my way to the CCC Road that starts between the bridge crossing the Middle Fork and the Taylor River Turnoff. I usually cut the corners on this route because the forest is open and the grade only moderate, but for today's purpose I was quite content to just walk the road. I encountered snow around 3000ft and switched to snowshoes shortly thereafter. The packed trail ends around 3600ft and I continued on breaking trail in the quite deep snow. Even my long legged dog Tanner was forced to follow me due to the deep snow. I was hoping for the saddle between South Bessemer and Moolock Mt. but I stopped around 4100ft and hurried back to the truck making it back after it had been quite dark for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

lijit stats