Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Kendall Peak Road 1.27.04

I awoke this morning with much more pleasant weather than expected. I had expected heavy rain with low snow levels. I arrived at the Hyak Sno-park with some sun and very warm temps. I didn't even wear a coat for this trip. I started up the road which sees heavy use so there wasn't a need to break trail. As I neared 4000ft there was quite a bit of new heavy wet snow, forcing me to now break trail. I continued on breaking trail until the just before the road crosses Kendall Creek. I stopped when my footprints were deeper than my Beagle is tall. I felt it wasn't quite fair for the little guy, but he didn't appear to mind. On the way down I passed a few groups who were also taking advantage of the break in the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

lijit stats