Tuesday, May 13, 2003

Thomas Mt. 5.13.03

Today's goal was for Thomas Mt summit. Finding the trailhead for this climb was made much easier by the very detailed postings on this website (thanks a million). I was treated by a coyote sighting on the way in and also at least 6 birds of prey catching thermals, both of which I had never seen before. The creek crossing was wasn't too difficult despite the lack of a bridge. The trail climbs quite steeply to the junction of Easton Ridge and the Domerie Divide trail. I hit sustained snow at around 4500ft and had no problem reaching Point 4942. I descended due north following the faint footsteps of those who have passed recently. I hit the saddle at around 4600ft and continued climbing northward to the summit. Nice views on this mostly sunny and warm day. No major problems on the way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

lijit stats