Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Granite Lake Road 10.31.06

I have had a very chaotic work schedule lately, so when I found out that I had Tuesday off I was more than pleased. With sunny weather to boot I had to fiqure out a way to make the day a go. I had my daughter's first Halloween events to consider when making plans. I managed to get out of bed just after 5:30 and was out the door soon after. I was looking for a day with quite alot of mileage. I intended on summit bid of Revolution Peak. My time frame was very contricted so I knew I had to hustle. When I ran into bumper to bumper on HY 18 I was fairly certain the day's goal would be even harder to attain. I parked at the Mailbox parking area and walked to short ways to the Granite Lakes Jeep Rd. Trying to make up some lost time I ran the first half mile or so. I decided that running on an icy roadbed wasn't the prudent thing to do. I hit snow just after crossing Granite Creek. Just after the Granite Lake turnoff I hit a most unpleasant half mile. The small trees were laden with snow making them bend inward to the middle of the road forming a 3 foot high tunnel. Making my way through this was much less than pleasant. This area was shortlived and soon I was on more open ground. It was becoming apparent that time was no longer on my side. I decided to pull the plug after three hours. I lounged for 15 minutes eating a little lunch and enjoying the bright sunshine. I even managed a litte sunburn . The way out went quickly and I was soon on my way to the rest of the day's festivities. I was a little disappointed to find out the plans had been moved back two hours which would have given me more than enough time to complete the day's objective.






Document Actions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

lijit stats